Friday, April 30, 2010

Redwood Trees

I remember hearing somewhere that redwood trees grow best in a community as they support one another by their root system intertwining beneath the ground which is kind of like us joining arms (I always remember Red Rover Red Rover, send ____ right over). Sometimes it was very hard to break through those interlocked arms. For two days I have been thinking of redwood trees because I have been realizing that we are all so very important to one another.

Today for me is a good day. I had worship team rehearsal last night which I so needed. I just felt all day yesterday that I needed to shout to the Lord and it turned out that joining my voice with my worship team family took that shout out of me as singing to the Lord is such a powerful form of worship for me. Hallelujah!

I ran into a friend in the bathroom at work. She has been going through some things and I saw and felt her hurt. I thought of the redwood trees. She has helped me feel better when I was hurting, just by being there. I hope I did the same for her.

I think of my new friend Livvie. (I shared her blog with you once). One who was standing for her marriage, but has had to move to a different place in life and I marvel at the words she wrote “I certainly feel victory over the pain now.“ I am so happy for Livvie because I know where she has been and am enjoying hearing about where she is going.

I think of the redwood trees. Of the calm, cool presence of standing beside one another. Livvie, I completely believe that God never wastes a hurt as look how much you have helped me. I am grateful to have you in my grove.

Today my prayer request is that we are like those redwood trees, hard to knock over in a group, and like those interlocked arms, hard to get past. Let’s continue to stand for one another and meet each other where the other needs to be met.

Let’s keep looking for this day “The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.” Romans 16:20. And let's help each other to remember that his grace is always with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment