Saturday, April 17, 2010

Hospitality

Yesterday I had the opportunity to spend time with a sister in church that I am newly forming a relationship with. I was so grateful for that opportunity as I had had a bit of a rough morning and was feeling a bit hurt and after Life's Healing Choices, we know that you can't get different results doing the same things. (Definitition of Insanity)

In going to this sister's home, i was reminded of a beautiful sermon that I will keep in my bible forever. This sermon was on hospiality and in that sermon I learned that we are to be hospitable - no matter our circumstances, to one another. Inviting others into our home whether or not our house is "perfect" our silver matches, whatever, invite others in because it is not the house that drew the others to us, but ourselves.

That said - breakfast at my house on Furlough Friday, May 7 at 9:30 a.m. Please RSVP - you know how to reach me and I will get the details to you as I work them out, but for now, God just put this on my heart to invite you over. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment