Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Be burdened

Burden defined: 1) Something that is carried. 2) Something that is emotionally difficult to bear. 3) A source of great worry or stress; weight: 4) A responsibility or duty.

“You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other. John 15:16-17

We all have a God appointed burden to Love one another. Each of us, in our gifts, has their own personal burdens of saving the whales, fighting breast cancer, whatever it may be, but whatever the personal burden may be, they all spring from a love within us.

My husband is my burden. But through this burden of praying for and loving him, my burden has grown in that now I am burdened by the sin of adultery in the world and about the sanctity and restoration of marriages. Please know that I was not perfect in my marriage, but I know so much more now and I know how important marriages are not only to families affected by divorce, but to God. Saving marriages is my ultimate goal and my highest prayer. Saving my husband from the throes of sin and saving my marriage from divorce is right there in that mix, but my focus has truly shifted to helping others right along with helping myself.

A quote from B ill Bright says, “If God has placed a burden on your heart for a person, a group of people, a nation, or any situation, ‘pray without ceasing’ (1 Thessalonians 5:17), ‘ keep on asking, ‘press in, do not ever give up. God will answer. Great is His faithfulness!”

With all of the promises from God he has place in His word, with the burden he has laid on my heart, to pray for my husband without ceasing, to pray for my family to not be left – again, with the generational curse of divorce, I must keep on asking, press in and never give up. Neither should you.

What is your burden? Keep on asking, press in and never give up.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dianne - I posted a response to your comment on my blog. I hope it helps a little. I admire your faith girl.

    ReplyDelete