Thursday, April 8, 2010

Superheroes and Hope

Today is the day He has made! Oh how those words ring out to me even in my sleep. I am always gearing up for the next day to serve Him the best I can. I had a moment of pride the other day when I realized that I have nothing to hide. Living for the Lord and getting my life in His order has brought me to a place where nothing is hidden and I am afraid of nothing coming out. What a blessed realization that was for me! I am being washed as white as snow. There's a verse in a song called Forgiven that's out right now that says "The past is playing with my head, trouble knocks me down again. I'm reminded of the wrong that I have said and done - that devil just won't let me forget..." Well, the past is not messing with me anymore and although the wrongs that I have committed and those that have been committed against me sometimes bring to the surface a tinge of sadness, hurt or regret, I refuse to let Satan win! I had such a strong day yesterday of rebuking the things that came against me, but last night, I had the most tormented sleep and woke feeling that Satan was trying to attack me all night because I won all day! I woke once feeling as if my soul was crying out and found my face to be wet with tears and my husband said I was fussing all night long not letting him sleep. I don’t know if on days of strength that Satan – always looking for a loophole, would reach down into our sleep to try to mess with us, but after last night and seeing me grow in my stand for mine and other’s marriages and in my walk with the Lord, I almost believe that to be true. Tonight as I pray, I think I will remember the child’s prayer of Now I lay me down to sleep…

Last night we had a wonderful family gathering. I just love my family and wish that all my kids could have been there, but I had the opportunity to have a wonderful dinner with three of my kids and my two beautiful grandchildren and a blessed time was had by all. The reason I called today’s blog Superheroes is because in working with the youth group at church (my God I am so blessed to have this opportunity to share the love of Christ in me), youth Pastor Sean has been sharing a series on superheroes and villains of the bible and I have given my husband the moniker of “Dart Man” because he likes to throw darts and barbs to me – his favorite seeming to be those that can be done subtly in the midst of others that only I will catch or those thrown shortly after a wonderful time is had in a group and we are once again in the quiet of ourselves. Well, last night after the wonderful time was had by all and we waved goodbye to our beautiful family, he said “I wish I were in Mexico right now”. All I could think of was and just look what you’d be missing.

Although my life is by no means anywhere near perfect, I can’t imagine God wanting me any other place than where I am right now. I wouldn’t want to miss even one bit of what I have right now and feel that I have it all in the midst of having really nothing at all. Everywhere I look there is hope and promise of a brighter tomorrow – besides, God has plans to prosper and not harm. I honestly think I must have been one of those babies who was completely happy playing with a Tupperware lid rather than a beautiful, bright new toy because I really have nothing monetary, have nobody showing me the love that Christ would have them show me, nor do I have fancy things. But I have hope and I have my family, my church, the youth to pray for and to love, and a heart that is daily filled with more of Christ’s love to give. Hallelujah for Hope. Hallelujah for the strength to get up and go each day with the full knowledge of the fact that life is not as you would have it, but hey – Life’s Healing Choices taught me – I’m not where I’m supposed to be, but I’m not where I used to be. Amen

1 comment:

  1. You are are true blessing to me Dianne, and inspiration to anyone who you come across. I am very thankful for you sharing this with us. Love you sister

    ReplyDelete