Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Take it to the Lord in Prayer

It's your kindness that leads to our repentance oh God. Romans 2:4

I spent some quiet time with the speaker at our women’s retreat and the above verse is what she told me to live. I didn’t get it at first, because-after all=I’m not the one with the problem I have already repented, but then I GOT IT!

When we see how much God loves us and gives to us, we repent for having been the selfish beings that we are and for wanting more. As long as I have Jesus living in me and love those around me like Jesus, which means I am displaying the kindness of Christ from within, their repentance will come - all in God's time.

Today I am thinking of one of my favorite sermons about how nothing is too small to bring to God in prayer. It makes sense in that to God, everything matters and possibly, to God, everything is rather small, since God is the almighty one. All I know is that this saved my cat from being sent to the pound when she was a kitten. My daughter and I had gotten her from a family that said this beautiful white fluffy cat was her mother, but yet, from that house, I remember seeing in the corner of my eye, this scrappy squirrel tailed wild, feral cat tearing about. I am now certain that that wild thing was my kitten's mother. Well, I took this kitten, but this kitten was MEAN and getting meaner. Well, I told my daughter on a Saturday that if things didn’t get better through Wednesday that we would have to take the cat to the pound, something neither of us wanted to do, but I was growing more and more afraid of the cat (Leah is her name).

The message in church on that following Sunday was about bringing everything to God in prayer and that afternoon, I asked my daughter to join me in praying for Leah to change. All be darned if God didn’t answer that prayer. Leah – still a strange cat with feral in her blood, has become my all time best friend. It’s been over a year now since we prayed about that cat, but every now and then I look at her and remember that nothing is too “unimportant” to bring to God.

So today, I will remember that everything about me matters to God and that I am who and where I am is for His glory and as long as I am willing to yield myself to Him, he will make me what I am supposed to be. So today, I will remember that it is His kindness in me that will lead those around me to become what God wants them to be. So today I pray for me to be the woman God created to me – after all, nothing is too unimportant to bring to Him in prayer. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment