Saturday, April 10, 2010

Rock and Roll

Today I woke as usual with a song singing in my head, of course, just like my dreams, I can never remember what they were and the song title escapes me, but I do know that it was something pertaining to God.

Woke up at 5:30 this morning, made breakfast for the family and at 7 my husband joined me in the front room and we watched a movie, our son came over at 8 for a visit and our daughter got up at 9:30 and we just hung out, all fell back asleep and finally showered at 12:30. What a lazy day, but what a perfect day to be lazy as it is cold and dreary outside. I flaked on going somewhere I was supposed to go, but will be honest about it when faced with the question of where were you. I was completely happy where I was.

Before we went to take our daughter to the mall to meet her friends and watch a movie, I saw that HBO was going to have the 4 hour 25th Anniversary of Rock n Roll show playing and I immediately hit record. So, after getting home from lunch, I had to finish reading my homework for tomorrow Holy Spirit class and I did so listening to Simon and Garfunkle, Sting and Bruce Springsteen. My gosh I love rock n roll. At times, I try to keep my life so full of only the things of the Lord, but there I times when I can't help but turn on the Eagle 96.9 because I just love the good old rock n roll hits and I think that these things give me even more freedom to love the Lord because the music fills my soul with awe for the talents that our Lord can fill us with.

So today, I am thanking God for the people who know how to sing and for giving me a heart that enjoys those talents and appreciates all the beauty around me.

As an added note, I have to say what I have noticed God working on me. I was on the train the other day coming home from work when a heavy set woman with two young children got on the train. The children were rather unruly and I - in the old Dianne format - started to judge, in that very moment, God convicted my heart and I began to pray for that woman. I prayed for her to have help raising her children, that maybe she might come into contact with a SuperNanny to help. I prayed for her to have hope, I prayed for her to know that people care about her situation. I fell in love with that woman with the love of Christ in me. I wanted to go and hug her when I heard and saw her come to the realization that she was overwhelmed and she stated "I don't know what to do my kids are getting out of control" to her male friend who was with her. I don't know if God was touching her with a realization moment through my prayers, but today, I pray for that women to allow for God's healing touch to come into her life. I hope my prayers will be a good start for her. Please join me in praying for an unknown woman with two young daughters. Thank you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment