Monday, April 12, 2010

I Love You

How I have missed hearing those words from the mouth of my husband. Sometimes, my heart just cries out with the memory of the safety I felt in those words, as well as the strength they gave me. I felt invincible in those words. Along with the discomfort of those words being gone, due to the continued rejection of my "I love you's", I have difficulty and an awkwardness in saying them to my husband as well. However, I come to 2 Corinthians 1:2-4 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." So, even though I don't hear those words from my husband right now (they will come again) I know how much my God loves me because I believe in Him and because He created me to love me. I need to not focus only on wanting to hear the words "I love you" from my husband but need to always remember how much God loves me and how he created me to share the love of Christ to those around me. I don't want to let another minute pass by without expressing my love to the ones I love. Even if the fear of rejection overwhelms me, I am to show my love. "Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God." 1 John 4:7.

My relationship at times may seem hopeless or dead in the natural, but my God will bring it back to life for His glory. "When he heard this, Jesus said, "this sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God's glory so that God's Son may be glorified through it." John 11:4. HALLELUJAH!!!! Is that verse meant for standers or what. So, here I am, still standing, loving the Lord my God with all my heart, all my soul and all my strength. Along with that, I think I will just reach out and tell my husband I love him today, which I do..

2 comments:

  1. I love you my sister and I to have faith that he will say it to you one day soon!

    ReplyDelete