Monday, April 19, 2010

Do not Quit

“So let us not grow weary in doing what is right, for we will reap at harvest time, if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9

Oh my gosh – that word so spoke to my heart today. In light of my stand and the persecution I face on a regular constant basis, I often feel like quitting, but in my heart of hearts, even without knowing this verse, I have known that I can’t give up on doing the right thing. To me, divorcing my husband would be the easy thing, but not the right thing. This would let Satan win and the God in me is so much greater than the Satan in this world. To me, this would be just another “give in to” Satan’s taking more control of his intended destruction of this world. I don’t care what I have to go through, but I will not let Satan have his way and know that if my husband divorces me, that my God will provide all of my needs.

Did you know that when you plant a seed of a bamboo tree that during the first three or four years this is no sign of growth. Below the surface, the bamboo tree is developing a strong root system which builds a strong foundation. After the plant starts visibly growing, the bamboo has a growth spurt in which the tree may grow four feet a day up to 90 feet total. Without that foundation the bamboo tree would uproot with strong winds.

If God created a bamboo tree to grow into something that tall and strong, what can he do with me creating a firm foundation in me that will protect my husband in all he does.

God assures us He is good to those who wait. “The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul that seeks him.” Lamentations 3:25

“For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.” Job 14:7. My marriage may have been cut down, but there is still a sprout preparing to grow.

Hallelujah! Let’s pray today for those who struggle in any problem they face that they don’t give up. That they have patience and serve and love the Lord with all their heart, mind and strength.

1 comment:

  1. Your words are an inspiration Dianne, thank you for sharing. Your words hit really close to home. You seem like a very strong women who has a great relationship with God. Bless you Diane.

    ReplyDelete