Friday, April 16, 2010

Why Blog

Yesterday I received a reading from Rejoice Marriage Ministries, a ministry that has been a part of my life for the past 1 1/2 years. The link in case any of you have the time to read this is
http://www.rejoiceministries.org/cc/view.php?month=main&id=3925 However, in case you don’t have the time, here it is in a nutshell. Never give up on what God is putting before you. You have NO idea of what you will have to look back on if you stay the course.

This got me to thinking that I wanted to share with you the reason I am vowing to blog every day, only to break my days if I am camping or totally unable to make my way to a computer. None of us knows what the other faces on a daily basis. The above marriage ministry has been the reason why, when I am ready to quit standing for my marriage restoration that I have not done just that. This ministry has empowered me to realize that I am so very strong – even in my weakness because there is no earthly reward for me right now in my stand for marriage as there is very little support for standers. But I know that god is smiling on me right now and will say job well done when I meet him face to face.

Usually in the case of standing for a marriage or a wayward family member, there have been many hurts and wrongs done to the stander and their family members, Christian or not, truly think the stander would be better off without that person in their life and that the stander is wasting their life standing for someone who has made it clear to the world around them that they are nothing to them anyway. Often times, in marriage where adultery has occurred, Christians point the stander to the way out written in the word of God, a word which was written because God knew how humans can harden their hearts. Something I can not do because God told us of his commandments, above all of these is love. As I said yesterday, I truly love and can see beyond human mess ups.

Yesterday I spoke with a friend who told me that even though she knows of all I have gone through, that she sees me as an innocent, referring to Mathew 14:19 Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." I must be honest and say that for whatever reason, I often see myself in that light as well. Sometimes, when faced with the things I must endure during my stand, I am so shocked by the accusation or thought that I feel just like a child.
Those are the times when I feel most hurt as well. Again I say that none of us knows what the other faces on a daily basis.

This blog, I hope will provide hope for those who face hurts that they feel are insurmountable. I used to not understand Casting Crowns song “Praise you in this storm” but I get it now. There are times when my heart can be breaking and I can be crying and I will say “thank you father for this hurt because I know you never waste a hurt and I know that you will turn this hurt around for your glory. Father I praise you!”

I write this blog because it keeps me from sinning. Through taking the course Life’s Healing Choices, I learned that when I am hurt my old pattern of dealing was to reach out, yes, but to a sin, not to something that would be anything good for me. I will never lie in this blog and tell you that in times of extreme hurt those sins don’t still call me, but I REFUSE to let Satan win. I want to be an example to those who are stuck in addictions or whatever sin, that those things don’t have to win. The God in us can. I will also be honest and say that not so very long ago; I did reach out to a sin. I almost sat and wallowed in that horrible feeling of falling, but only allowed myself to do so for one day and decided right then and there that those old sins were no longer what I wanted to do. Even if they call to me in the times of hurt or anger, those sins will not win because I have the Light of the World shining in me and want to lead others away from those things that keep their lights from shining. Needless to say, the mess-up only claimed one day of my service to God and I jumped up and fixed my situation and just like Jesus forgets our repented sins, I repented and forgot that mess up, only remembering it for God’s glory to help someone else not stay down if they mess up.

So I write this blog to be an example. A real, honest, living example of someone who knows they are not where they are supposed to be, but some who is not where they used to be. I write this blog to let the light of Jesus shine through me. I write this blog to let anybody who reads it know that God loves them and so do I. I write this blog to keep myself in God’s will. This blog gives me the extra strength I need to remain standing even when circumstances seem hopeless.

So today, my prayer request is that all of us know that the kingdom of heaven belongs to all of us and to give each other a break because none of us really knows what the others face on a daily basis and that each and every one of us can let our lights shine.

I have a dream that can move a mountains hope that won't ever end even when the sky is falling. I know that miracles can happen. Life is so much more than what our eyes are seeing, we will find our ways if we keep believing. That's what faith can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment