Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Get Up!

One thing cool about Jesus is that he was a go getter! Not lazy, not whining but he went out and got the job done. I think Jesus wanted the same from us.

John 5:1-9 Some time later, Jesus went up to Jerusalem for a feast of the Jews. Now there is in Jerusalem near the Sheep Gate a pool, which in Aramaic is called Bethesda and which is surrounded by five covered colonnades. Here a great number of disabled people used to lie—the blind, the lame, the paralyzed. One who was there had been an invalid for thirty-eight years. When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, "Do you want to get well?" "Sir," the invalid replied, "I have no one to help me into the pool when the water is stirred. While I am trying to get in, someone else goes down ahead of me." Then Jesus said to him, "Get up! Pick up your mat and walk." At once the man was cured; he picked up his mat and walked. The day on which this took place was a Sabbath,

Don’t you just love that.Jesus said “Get Up!” he did not walk over to the man and gently lift him with a sloppy sweet voice and say “come on now, you can do it, I’m here to help you”. He said “Get Up!”

How cool is it that our Lord would tell a paralyzed man to get up and basically “Arise – If you want to be well, Get up!”

I want to be well! I want those around me to be well. To not sit and wallow in our circumstances! To get up! Oh my gosh, I pray for everybody who reads this post today that no matter what they have going on in their lives, they will get up and meet those circumstances and be grateful that they have another day to try to do just that. Let’s all give our circumstance to God today and be the best we can be in our Service to the Lord who gave us the opportunity to get up today.

My other prayer will be for all of us to pray for those around us who are not rising up to the challenges of their lives or to the challenge of being the people that they were created to be for His glory. Let’s pray that they don’t grieve our Lord any longer and that they turn their lives into vessels of honor for Him. For men to be the husbands, brothers and fathers God created them to be. For women to be the wives, sisters and mothers we were created to be.

Let’s all GET UP! Hallelujah! FOR HIS GLORY!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm up and standing sis! Love you! Keep up the blogs!

    ReplyDelete