Saturday, May 1, 2010

Not Funny

Sometimes people carry things that aren't funny in the first place way too far. One of my fondest memories will always be the fact that my husband and I planned my daughter. You see, my sons were both unplanned - welcome - but unplanned. When my husband and I met he said to me "Someday we are going to get married and have a daughter named Gloria because everything that is good in the life is the Gloria." Well, those things happened (not in that order unfortunately) but they happened as he predicted.

When we did finally get together, there came a point in the relationship where we decided then and there no more birth control. It wasn't but two months later that we were expecting. I still remember taking the pregnancy test while he was out and leaving the results on the dresser for him to see when he got home and he was so excited. I was scared to death, but it was such a wonderful moment to plan my beautiful Gloria.

Well, since things went kind of south and since I am no longer a "decent" woman, one of the things that has gone too far and that hurts even beyond those that joke about it can know is that my husband says that he is most likely not even the father of my daughter. Because who knows how many probable fathers she could have right. (Don't worry, I don't believe any of that). If anybody knows where I can get a DNA test done inexpensively, please let me know.

Well, now he and even my daughter tease me mercilessly about who her father is, who does she look like, who will walk her down the aisle, etc. I don't think it is funny and I think it is purposefully hurtful.

So, yes, my daughter is my husband's daughter as well and no matter what, no teasing can take away one of my most precious memories. Planning a child with the one you love. How wonderful is that? I say completely and I hope that many of you know what I am talking about.

My prayer request today is that all of us can remember who we are in Christ when faced with the adversity of life. Even if it is in our own homes. After all, if Christ is for us, who can be against us. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment