Wednesday, May 5, 2010

It's Gonna Be Worth It

There is a song that says just that. I often find myself funny in that my life is directed by songs. Today my heartsong is a mixture of It’s gonna be worth it and Standing on the Promises.

Standing on the promises of Christ my King,
Through eternal ages let his praises ring;
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
Standing on the promises of God.
Refrain:
Standing, standing,
Standing on the promises of Christ my Savior;
Standing, standing,
I'm standing on the promises of God.

2. Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
Standing on the promises of God.
(Refrain)

3. Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord,
Bound to him eternally by love's strong cord,
Overcoming daily with the Spirit's sword,
Standing on the promises of God.
(Refrain)

4. Standing on the promises I cannot fall,
Listening every moment to the Spirit's call,
Resting in my Savior as my all in all,
Standing on the promises of God.
(Refrain)

Today my heart hurts so badly it is all I can do to not cry but I MUST Stand on God’s promises to get through this because it’s going to be worth it. I hate feeling so badly and hurting so much, but it is times like these that I must hang in there and praise him in the storm because God has promised me that I will be ok and fear is not of the Lord.

Standing for a marriage is extremely difficult, but even more so, it is hard to understand how a heart can so be hardened against God’s calling for one’s life. After all, Matthew 22:36-40 Says: "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

So today, I stand on all of God’s promises and pray for my husband to be touched by what the Lord is requiring of him. After all, as another song says “This is my commandment that you love one another that your joy may be full…” How simple is that?

Please pray for me to stay strong and join me in prayer for those around us who have forgotten how to do the simplest of things to do, to love. After all, It's gonna be worth it, God has promised. Hallelujah

No comments:

Post a Comment