Sunday, May 9, 2010

I love my church

Today at church, I realized even more how blessed I am to be a part of such a wonderful church family and how much I love each and every person who walks through that door. My pastor, in honor of Mother's Day, got emotional when speaking of how wonderful women are and thanked the congregation and told of how much he loves us. I can relate.

I am on the worship team and no matter what I go through, Thursday night worship rehearsals and Sunday morning singing brings me so close to God and makes my world go away. We were asked to set a time to meet with our worship leader and I was afraid to set that meeting, thinking that I would get asked to tone down my worship because there I times I jump, I cry, I dance, I feel so free in my worship to the Lord. I was so afraid of this meeting that I shot him an email, hoping that would cover me, but he said no, face to face was what he wanted. Well, I had my meeting with him and on the contrary, he said that he was happy that I was a part of the worship team, that it was obvious when I was singing that I loved the Lord and was offering my highest part of worship that I could possibly give. He was right. It was funny, he stated that he remembered my phone call to him when I started attending the church and I had said to him that I didn't care if he let me sing on Sundays, I just wanted to rehearse and join voices with the others. I meant that.

Being with my worship team, I see us unifying and becoming one voice. Each and every person on the team loves the Lord and loves me and I love them in return. I am grateful to be a part of this team. I feel like I am home in a world where I don't know where I belong.

Nothing for me is all that great, but I'm getting a new routine that I am finding myself happy in. M/W/F I now have a Zumba class near my home that I get the special opportunity of doing with my step daughter. I have for this last year looked for something to do with her that would give us the opportunity to spend time together enjoying and we are both loving it. That and Ms. Muffin is ebbing away. Whoo Hoo - that's a big Praise God! I have never had an hour workout anything like this in my life. We took our measurements yesterday and I will report to you if I have lost any of Ms. Muffin in a month.

Tuesday nights I have a new small group that I am - surprisingly - very happy about. What a wonderful group of people. My only prayer is that my husband would join me, but you know. Thursday, as I stated previously is WORSHIP team, combine that with a Furlough Friday, and I'm a happy camper.

I have had a difficult past few days and I shared with a friend at church and she is going to start praying for me with power. I look forward to her prayers being answered. Which gets me to thinking. I pray for people constantly. Every person that I see that has a need. I wondered the other day if that random person I see walking down the street that I start to pray for. Do they feel my prayers? I hope I feel my friend's prayers because I need some strength. But at the same time as I need her strength, I am so pleased to see I have some on my own, that I am able to control myself in the light of having the opportunity to sin. I feel so strong even in light of my weakenss and hurt.

So today, please pray for all those who attended church today that they can look around them and know that their pastor loves them dearly and that those around them will be there for them just as my church family is there for me. That and that they too find their hearts overwhelmed with love when they look at their fellow brothers and sisters. May everyone who reads this find their niche in this world, even if it is as simple as Zumba, small group and Worship team rehearsal.

Happy Mother's Day. Hallelujah!

1 comment:

  1. Yes diane i feel the love there from all my brothers and sister and my pastor. it is such a blessing to have all those people supporting you. i recently started in pastor heaverly's small group myself. so i understand that all that really helps the problems we have disappear somewhat. Me and kristin will be praying for you for that strength and peace that you need. just remember one thing god will never give us more on our plate than we can handle. so just hang in there. god bless.

    ReplyDelete