Friday, August 20, 2010

A Talk with Satan, Prepared For War

Has anybody ever tried that? Forgive me if I am so very wrong or ignorant in my knowledge of bible facts, but has anybody ever tried to reason with him?

Why not ask him why? Why are you messing up our world? Why are you ruining families? Why are you pushing for people to fall? What would be wrong if you just accepted your position as beneath God - ok way beneath, and just let it be? We all have our place in society and we all need to accept who we are and where we are. Why can't you?

I hate you Satan. I hate you because you stole my husband from us. You ripped my daughter's father from her. You led him astray. You caused him to listen to you instead of my holy father. You cause ruin and destruction. Why are you out to kill, steal and destroy?

I will fight you with all I am. For my daughter, I am all that is left and she is worth fighting you for. I acknowledge my weaknesses and know my battles within myself. I thank my network of friends and family that allows me to be honest enough about my struggles to tell them the truth when I am facing one of my battles. I thank my Holy God that He has taught me how to prepare for war against you.

Today - and everyday, I put on my belt of truth, the truth about my Lord. I put on my Breastplate of Righteousness to guard my heart and my emotions. I put on my Sandals of the Gospel of Peace to make myself available to my Lord. I put on my Shield of Faith in that my faith is in Him and in Him alone and apart from Him I can do nothing. I put on my Helmet of Salvation to protect my mind from your evil thoughts, doubt and fear. And last, but not least, I put on the Sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God and is strong and powerful and able to defeat even the strongest of your onslaughts.

So there Satan, come on, I am ready for you. My God has given me this armor because He knows that for whatever reason that is beyond me, that you have no desire to "just get along." So, although I'm a lover and not a fighter, I am prepared for war against you. Even though, maybe it is true that you have won my husband over, I will still fight you, for my daughter and for my husband because my Lord loves him more than the fact that you are jumping for joy that right now you seem to have him. Bring it on. You might have knocked me down for a moment, I will rise because my God is the Great Almighty and I am a renegade christian prepared for battle.

Today I ask you to join me in prayer for all of us to remember that we all have this armor to put on and we MUST put in on daily, even if our lives are going seemingly well, there are so many around us that are hurting, if we don't need to fight for ourselves, let's fight for them. Let's put Satan in his place.

Hallelujah! Let's fight the good fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment