Friday, August 27, 2010

The Kindness of Friends and Family

I have been sick and today I was the recipient of some of the nicest gestures of kindness imaginable. A sister from church brought my daughter and I a wonderful, well rounded meal that even included dessert. A friend that retired from where I work sent me a Safeway.com grocery order. I am so grateful to both of these ladies that words just cannot express the amount of my gratitude. But thank you to both of you.

My mother has helped me this entire week with so many things that I can't even state all of them. But I am so grateful to have had her. I don't know if it was because of the sickness or because of the medicines, but I have not been totally with it. I am much better today and I can feel it in my eyes especially. They were so red and glossy up til today that they were even hard to see through. The headache still lingers a bit, but the nausea - Praise God - has left me alone today.

Today I ask you to join me in prayer thanking God for the kindness of people who go out on a limb to help those of us who are in need and that those of us in need turn around eventually and pay it forward.

Hallelujah! Thank you to those that cared about and for me during this time of sickness. I appreciate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment