Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Is That All You've Got Satan?

I really think that Satan thought he was going to win when he pushed me even more today than he has been pushing me. I've been sick and been made sick by the medicines I am taking. Now, it might just be that the medicines are not even working because now they say I have MRSA.

Here is a little MRSA information: MRSA is a resistant staph bacteria that can spread easily from person to person. Anyone can get this new strain, it does not mean you are not keeping clean.

I have a "rare case" which means I got a blood stream infection. Well Satan got whiff of what was going on and has decided to attack me by letting my daughter get a tiny spot of this stupid plague. I have been being so very careful, knowing that just a staph infection is infectious, but Satan just wants to mess with me. I took her to the doctor and she has the correct medicines. They are working on my medicines.

Today I was starting to get angry about her father and finances and before I really even had time to get there, God blessed me with a state check I thought I had cashed a while back. I figured that God doesn't want me to expend anger on him. Well, when I went to put the check in the bank, almost the whole thing was gone because the check for school pictures had beat me to the deposit. But, Praise God, I had just enough left from that check to cover my daughter's medical visit and her medications. Back to square one, but hey, God did meet my needs didn't he.

However, I will be honest with you and say that when my daughter started getting the staph infection, I was close to despair, but I - even when the tears began to fall, said aloud, I need to call a sister to ask her to join me in praising God that Satan will not stop me from believing God's promises to me. I will not give in and turn away from God this time, no matter how hard the battle. I will praise God in this storm with all I am.

So, Satan - bring it on, but you won't win. I am loved, not only by my God, but by my sisters that answer my calls when I ring them and who pray for me and lift me up against you. I am not afraid.

Today, please join me in prayer for my daughter. That is all I am asking for. Maybe this is selfish on my part, but all I really care about right now is that she not be touched because she is so very precious to me. I can fight my battles (with your help of course) but she doesn't know how to reach out just yet.

Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment