Sunday, August 8, 2010

Just too soon

Well, I am not going dancing. A couple of my friends backed out and though I could have gone there and met the other friends, I just don't know that I am ready to "get out there". Instead, I am having a BBQ at my mother's with my family.

I have to tell you something funny that happened. I went and bought myself a beta fish to have on my counter near me the other day. Well, he has been in the container I bought him in, but a friend gave me this cool clear container (one without a lid) and I put him in that yesterday with his rocks and all. I named him, as I have always named my betas, Fred. Well, I collect bouncy balls and when I got home last night about 9:30 I saw a half eaten bouncy ball on the floor. I thought "oh gosh, the dog got a hold of one" not remembering at the time that the dog had been out with me the whole day. I threw the ball in the garbage and turned to greet Fred. Well, his little tank was empty. In that moment I remembered the half eaten bouncy ball and looked in the garbage, sure enough, it was Fred's tail. The cat Leah, who I didn't even know had noticed Fred, had noticed Fred. Oh my gosh, poor Fred. If I get another beta, I will certainly have him in a lidded case.

You know, even though that was a kind of messed up thing to have had happen, it was also one of those things that make this new life kind of doable. Out from under the kitchen table came Leah and what could I do but laugh. She looked just like Leah looks, not thinking of anything, so what else to do but laugh - that and put the remainder of Fred in a sealed plastic baggie so he wouldn't stink the place up. Did you know that when a beta fish tail dries, it feels just like a bouncy ball? I learned that yesterday. Oh well, God bless Fred - as they say, he's in a better place.

You know, God spoke to my heart in the middle of the night when I woke up and was speaking to Him. Instead of continually praying for God to heal my marriage, I am going to ask God to heal my broken heart. I have had one for quite some time and it's time for that part of me to heal and with God's grace, it will. Maybe, as I heal, God will heal my marriage, maybe he won't, but maybe by then, I will be just fine without God healing that part of my life. You just never know what God has in store.

Today I ask you to join me in praying for God's healing of my heart. I ask you to join me in praying for freshman college students heading off to their first year. I heard on KLOVE today that 70% of frehman christians turn away from their faith. I ask you to join me in prayer that we find a way to change that with God's help.

Hallelujah! God is so great, but maybe it is just too soon for me to go dancing or have a beta fish. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment