Monday, August 23, 2010

Sickness and a great mother

With all of the crap that has been going on in my life I have neglected to let you know the good stuff. I have the world's best mother and her grandchildren are so blessed to have her in their lives.

Today Kaiser finally would see me regarding this over 1 foot long extremely painful red streak going up my left arm and when I got there, the staff jumped into action, all of them clearly upset that the nurse on Sunday didn't find a way to get me in. I got a tetanus shot and what I was told to be grateful for was the fact that my insurance covered the $1,000 shot placed in my left rear cheek. Being as I am sick anyway and already don't feel well I cried when the shot was given and continued to do so for about ten minutes after the shot was done. The pain caused from that shot made me forget the pain in my arm completely. The nurse was cute when she told me to let it out because they were all so worried about me as about 5 people had come in to see me and hey, at least I made a good impression when they saw me.

Through all of that I hope they saw Christ in me, even when I cried I was praying out loud and I was singing while the shot was being administered. I am talking OUCH! I need to have an IV for the next 3-5 days which I go in to get tomorrow and then will have home visits from a nurse to do whatever it is they need to do - I really am happy they didn't leave that one up to me to do.

Eating has been difficult these past few days and the doctor told me we need to get my immune system back up and told me to eat well. I only wanted some ensure and cottage cheese and some 7up so I called my mom. My mom brought me groceries, and drinks and was amazing. Thank you mother for helping me when I couldn't really help myself.

Through all of this I praise God because this is a test straight from Satan and I know I will win. He thinks I'm down, but he has no idea of what's rising up in me. I do and so does my God. So Satan, go ahead and try, for Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. Let's see, you've messed with my heart by ruining my marriage, but look already I'm healing and looking forward to a new life. You've messed with my health, but look, the doctors and nurses today jumped into action and actually sincerely cared about me. You tried to make me feel lonely but look, I have the world's best mom. No, you can't touch this.

Today join me in prayer for mothers and grandmothers that each of them is the world's best. I know I'm working for that with my daughter. Please pray for me to get well soon and that my job will not suffer because of my absence this week and that God will protect me financially.

Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment