Sunday, August 1, 2010

It is finished...

Ok, that is kind of dramatic I must admit, but the move is done. We are in, not settled yet, but in. I want to thank all of you that have supported us with your prayers and one special group that supported us with finances to do this move by renting the van for us. We could not have done it without you.

I only had one meltdown as I ran home from church to change and then to go get the Uhaul. It wasn't til I was there at UHaul that I realized I had on two different shoes and my shirt was on backwards. I got home, wiped my tears, changed my shoes and fixed my shirt and puffed myself up and got to it.

My husband had told me I couldn't take the dog. Well, I want to be honorable and respectable in all ways so I told everyone to leave the dog's stuff. My husband called me right before we left the old place to see if we were gone and I asked if he was sure I couldn't take the dog and he said I could. Praise God! I guess being honorable does pay off.

My two brothers, my mom, my neice and a nice young friend of hers offered to help us and we were so blessed by each and every person. Our new place, though in a shambles right now, has a gleam of the home it promises to be for us and we are going to be just fine. I am hopeful and excited.

I love my husband dearly, but have realized that love isn't enough, maybe just letting go will do the trick for him. Only time will tell. In the meantime, I have my work cut out for me. I need to keep my daughter close to me. I need to stay within the will of God. I need to walk the dog.

I don't know when I will post again as I don't know when the internet will be up, but when I do I hope that I will have a heart full of the joy and the peace of the Lord that he has been guiding me to. I'm ready for it.

Today I ask you to join me in prayer for my husband. Please pray that God reach down and stir up in him whatever it is that he is missing. He told me today that he loves me, but he is not in love with me. That he is not happy, with me, with himself. Pray that God helps him find his place in this world. I'm on my way to finding mine.

Hallelujah!

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord. You have your priorities straight. Keep on that path and close to the Lord and there is NO WAY of regret. It is sad to think that someone else's dissatisfaction in life can breed the kind of selfishness that destroys a family. But beauty can come from ashes. I'm testimony to that. God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my sister, you are definitely a testimony to just that. I pray for you daily as well as for your family. You have no idea how much you have inspired me and kept me going. I do so hope to meet you in the future. Maybe next summer we can make a way to make that happen.

    ReplyDelete