Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'm Blessed and I Still Suck

Tonight an old friend/acquaintance came over and brought me some dog food and a Safeway Gift Card. His kindness overwhelmed me as he's not one of the rich and famous either. I knew since last night that he was going to come over and this morning I text him and asked him if he would like to join me for dinner. I knew that my daughter was going to be on a visit with her father and I know that for now, it is best for me to not be alone with my thoughts and lonely. I was so happy that he said he would join me and it all worked out - thank God for breakfasts for dinner, I mean how easy is that on the spur of the moment.

Well, he left and my daughter got home probably 5 minutes after that. Of course, I ended up feeling badly just because it hurt for whatever sucky reason in my head. It hurts that he seems so happy in his freedom. It hurts - it just plain hurts.

Yes, I'm blessed and yes I still suck at being completely healed of hurting over somebody who apparently now and for a long time doesn't care about me at all. Oh well. I guess I can suck for a little while longer while I work on healing this heart of mine.

It was a joy having a friend over and getting to know him a little more.

Today I ask you to join me in prayer to thank God for all those people like my friend who go out of their way to help people like me out. What a blessing it is that God will give people a heart for others such as he did to us. To be honest with you, we needed it. A few weeks ago a friend helped me out in a simlar manner and I needed it then as well. Praise God we have people who God designed to care about others. May we pray that we can each be like these people.

I hope to suck less tomorrow. Only two more days and he is gone to Mexico for good or whatever, but I plan on sucking less and less each day.

Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment