Friday, October 29, 2010

Making a Difference

I have been so swamped at work this past few days, today was no different and I found myself racing out of the building to catch my bus. What a day to have no time to use the restroom before I left as the bus turned out to be a half hour late, but that's a totally different story. Well, anyways, as I got in and sat down in my very late to arrive bus, a woman I don't recall ever seeing before sat next to me.

Although most of the people on my bus to and from work are regulars, I have only talked to two of them before and my morning ride is usually spent reading for the New Testament Challenge at church and on the way home I sleep. God must be with me because I fall asleep about 4 minutes after getting on the bus and wake up always right before my stop. I had to laugh one day as an older regular gentleman sat next to me and said "don't worry, I won't talk to you, I know you fall asleep." For all I know, I am known as the sleeper.

Well anyways, this woman knew me differently - I really don't know from where. But she sat next to me and said. "I have to tell you something. I always see you smiling and just wanted you to know that it makes me happy. " Despite wondering where she saw me, I couldn't help but smile at her as I told her about how important God is to me. Guess what? She listened and even asked me where I went to church. I felt happy that what I feel on the inside is showing on the outside.

I just love what God is doing in my life. I am so grateful that He has brought me to where I am today. My job is "ending" and I will lose the out of class pay that I have been earning that makes it so I can live and even at living, I am right on the edge. I am unable to take the test to actually be "qualified" to keep my job until it is offered in either late November or December. Well, if this pay ends I would humanly have reason to worry. I am not afraid. I am not playing with God. He is not messing with me either. Yes, He lets me go through stuff, but I am learning more and more that the stuff I have gone through has made me the kind of woman that the woman on the bus sees smiling. It can't be all that bad then. I will be ok and God has my back.

I have volunteered to work at the Convoy of Hope to be held next Saturday. I will be working in the prayer tent and attended training tonight to be better prepared to do so. As I sat in training I was just about ready to cry as the thought came to me that possibly, one of my dreams of leading someone to Christ might just come true next weekend. About 10,000 people are expected and all have to pass through this tent to get to the exit. There are about 60-80 volunteers who will work in pairs. Chances are that God is going to place me in the right place for a person who might just be going through some of the things I have gone through that I can provide hope for, that I can lead to know the way, the truth and the life. Oh my gosh. I can only just trust God that He will use me in a mighty way for His glory to bring just one more person to know Him. A person that someone might see on a bus someday and turn to them and thank them for being remarkable to them because they are always seen smiling. God is truly good.

Today I ask you to join me in prayer for Convoy of Hope. That their need for lunches for workers on Thursday and Friday is met. That the financial cost of the fencing is covered. That there will be enough groceries for all. That many people come to know Christ that day.

Hallelujah!

1 comment: