Sunday, October 24, 2010

Addendum to the day

Oh my gosh, call me a dweeb or whatever (I prefer to think of myself as a relentless woman of faith), but I have been looking forward to tonight's Experiencing the Spirit service all week long. I was not disappointed. What a blessing to be in the midst of other church family members and hear what God is doing in their lives as well as share what He is speaking to me.

In light of my meltdown today, one of the questions pastor asked us to pose to ourselves is this: What is limiting me from greater fruitfulness? I know the answer and it is my own unbelief. What do I have to fear? Nothing because if I am believing God for His word, I am trusting each and every one of His promises. For the most part, I do. God is not going to leave me in a state of hurt, this is - we all know I frequently speak of the valleys and mountaintops, well this is a valley. I trust God will be with me as I walk through it.

Pastor pointed out to us how we can not go back to what we used to be once we have known Christ. I know that to be true because every time I try to run, he never lets go and I find myself turning right back to him. I know that as well in my marriage, that I can not go back to what I used to be in it or what it was. I also know that right now, God does not want me to. So, for now, I am going to lift up my face and trust in God's promises and ask Him each and every step of my travels to be with me and show me what it is He wants me to see and to do. After all, I am created for His delight and for His use, not my own and I am no longer my own. I am His.

Tonight join me in prayer thanking God for those days that He restores us and brings us back to what we know, but sometimes lose sight of. Thank God that He never wastes a hurt and that He will bring us to a place, once we get through our hurts to where we will be of use to someone someday who may suffer just as we are now. Join with me in prayer that we always remember those times are just valleys and that a mountaintop will come.

Thank you Father for Experiencing the Spirit Services. Maybe one of you that are reading this that don't go to my church will join me for next month's service, I promise that you will leave differently than you entered.

Hallelujah!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on this one! He will see you through.

    ReplyDelete