Friday, October 22, 2010

I Am a Tree

This past week of the pressure that I dealt with and that I caused someone else, I sought counsel with a girlfriend who prayed with me and mentioned the tree that sways with the wind, but is firmly rooted. Last night at worship rehearsal, after telling my fellow singer of my week and my struggles, she said let's pray right now and again, when prayed for I was reminded to be as a tree that sways with the wind, but is firmly rooted. When she was done praying I told her about my other friend praying the same thing and she said that this was God putting words into her mouth because she didn't even have the right words to say and the words weren't hers.

I get it God. You want me to be a tree. I hear you telling me to stand firm and that yes, it's ok for me to bend and sway, but you want me rooted right where I am. Guess what God. Even before you had those words come from my sister's hearts, I heard you. Thank you Lord for teaching me how to hear your voice.

This last week has been kind of emotional for me and this has bugged me because I was afraid that my tears were a sign of fear and that is something that I fight with all I am because fear is not of God and I am (I think) not afraid of anything and try to live my life worry free. Well, I have been told that as a woman, sometimes it's best for us to let go and cry rather than stuffing it in. Guess I've been being a woman this past week. The weird thing is that I have been crying for two reasons. One, because the pressure against me has been great, but the second is because I am finding myself more and more in awe of God and how I have changed as I seek Him more. It has been a week of amazement on my part because of the awe factor.

Had a totally blessed day today. Went with a new friend to a driving range and really enjoyed that first for me and I didn't even really suck at it. Thank you college class 20 years ago for teaching me form. Went with the same friend to get a flu shot - hey, that's way better than going alone. Then went to dim sum together. That was really enjoyable. All in all, it was really nice to get to know him a bit more. We are going to start running together to help me be able to run a 13 mile marathon in March. I'm looking forward to being able to do this.

Today I ask you to join me in prayer that we all become like trees and stay rooted in what's right in our lives. That we all know we can bend and sway, but that we don't have to move and flit around. Join me in prayer thanking God for friends, new and old in our lives that provide us with pleasure and fun.

Hallelujah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment