Friday, October 15, 2010

I'm Not Going Anywhere

There is a woman at work that I completely bother. I can feel it all the time that no matter how much I stay, she would much rather I go away. I find it so funny that she really doesn't bother me in return. Others notice as well that she doesn't say the best of things to me, but guess what? I don't care. She has no reason to dislike me other than the fact that I rub her the wrong way and that doesn't bother me because I understand. We've all had someone in our life that rubs us wrong. Ha, I'm now on the other end of that stick and am laughing because just because someone rubs us wrong doesn't mean that we rub them wrong because she really doesn't bother me. Besides, I actually like her and I actually care deeply about her and I think that she makes a wonderful difference to her family and to her world. I used to get a little bothered that once she found out I was a christian she seemed to find pleasure in using foul words around me, but you know, I just prayed about it, ignored it and kept on loving her in my Dianne fashion. One thing I had to laugh about is that there is another woman that gets so bothered about the little things she says that she was starting to fight my "battles" for me and get upset at her and say things to her. I told her, don't worry about it, that I was ok and that those things don't bother me. The funny thing is that they don't. I really do care about this lady, she is a loving person and makes such a great difference in her family that I rejoice in the love she shows them, just because she doesn't like me, oh well.

I crack myself up at times. God in my life makes me laugh as well. Not only has he given me the strength to "Stay" during times of trial, He has given me the strength to "Stay" during parts of life that many would walk away from. This strength is rising up in me throughout different parts of my life. I am "choosing" to be strong in His strength. I am loving piggybacking on God. And I am loving adding the words "I choose" to my life because we do have choices and the way that I think is that these choices can be difficult or as simple as I choose to love this woman no matter how she feels about me. (I actually think she likes me, I just rub her wrong.) How cool is it though that we don't have to fight battles, that we can stand and "Stay" and people must go around us, and as long as we are staying in the Light that we are ok. That's one thing we must remember and check ourselves for, I have not once stood in her way and stayed there just to bug her because I knew it would. We can not try to bother others, but I think that is why I am blogging about this because I have never tried to do that, I am sheerly remarking that I bug her just because I am me.

My job - the one that I obtained that allowed for me to financially move out in August to start this new life, is still not mine. I have yet to take the test that I must place in the top three ranks that will allow for me to my position. You know, I could stress and fuss and be worried, but I am remarking that I am not. The financial difference will definitely put a huge strain on me, beyond what I think we can manage, but you know what, God will find a way and I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I'm not saying that it isn't on my mind the importance of me doing my best, but isn't that supposed to be on our mind always anyways? Just another part of life isn't it.

Today is going to be such a blessed day. I just listened to an empowering message by Matthew Hagee (when that man opens his mouth to sing, I think angels pop out in his voice.) My daughter woke up in a relatively good mood. I am going to hang with girlfriends tonight and we are going to make vision boards together and eat lots of good food. Life is good and I'm not going anywhere that is going to take me out of God's will for it. No, I'm definitely not going anywhere.

Today I ask you to join me in prayer for the people in our lives that we rub the wrong way. That we stand and love them just the same and no matter what. Join me in prayer for times that we need to just trust God to avoid bringing unnecessary stress in our lives. That we learn to enjoy the piggyback rides of our lives and just relax and be thankful for the freedom from having to walk through the hard parts because He is doing it for us.

Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment