Sunday, September 19, 2010

I Have Hope

This last week was a bit difficult on me, but I knew the whole time through it, it was because I was not trusting God like normal. However, I just couldn't seem to put my finger on the place where that lack of trust was nor could I seem to regain my footing to get back to the spot that I have been in for a while. Tonight - however, I went to my experiencing the spirit service at church and the subject was hope and I regained my hope once again.

How empowering hope is. When you have hope in the Lord to take care of all of your needs and you trust that He will, you realize that you are basically invincible if you are living within the will of God for your life. There is no fear in that place. What do you have to be afraid of if you are living in God's will? You have none.

I came home from church feeling like me again. Praise the Lord!

My son is 23 and I have been feeling hopeless in regards to his life and the choices he is making for that life. He just got out of jail on Friday and had been there for about 2 weeks. He lost his job due to his incarceration and I have basically been feeling hopeless about his life, but I have been telling this to God and asking God to guide me in regards to my son and praying for my son. Well, after church this evening, I called my son just to say hello and was again amazed by God.

It seems my son ran out of gas and told me that he had no sooner gotten out of his car than a young man about 28 years old came and offered to take him to the gas station. The young man had a bible on his dashboard and told my son he just got out of church and that church just happens to be mine and my daughter's old church that we left when we moved away from Sacramento to Redding. This church is maybe one mile from my son's home. My son had been to that church before with us (it's a great church) and the young man invited my son to go there. Well, all my son could do was talk about how nice this guy was. This just opened a door for me to witness to my son and urge him to start bringin his life before the Lord in prayer. Stating to him that he just never knows what God can or will do. Praise the Lord. I am going to go with my son to this church this Wednesday and will arrange prior to that day to have some college aged students that will be there introduce themselves to my son and invite them to their college aged group.

You know, God is hope and we just don't know what He has planned for our lives. After church tonight, I regained my hope for my life. God amazed me by showing me that there was hope for my son and that I am not to quit praying for my son. I won't.

Today I ask you to pray for those of us who have lost our hope. Pray for our pastors who remind us of how God wants us to never lose our hope.

Hallelujah!

1 comment:

  1. That is a wonderful example of how God is always at work.

    ReplyDelete