Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Financial Peace and God is on the job

Wow, God answered a prayer for me today and actually, he answered it last night, even before I knew I was going to have a prayer request. I am taking Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace university class and last week our homework was to do our real, zero balance budget. Well, it took me over 3 hours and I got it done last Friday night. Yesterday at work the email came out telling us that our bus passes were available for purchase. Well, that got me to wondering - "did I put my bus pass in my budget?". I forgot about it til I was running out the door this morning and took a quick glance and realized that yes, I had forgotten the bust pass.

I know how tight my budget is and my words out loud as I left home were "ok God, I will deal with this later, but you know that I have no idea what to do so I am trusting you." I meant it, I did not stress or anything, I just meant to deal with it when I got home. I got to work about 30 minutes later and was in awe as I got a message from somebody who likes my writings and who offered me a side job doing some edits on his writings that will cover my bus pass as well as possibly pay me some extra. That and he sent the message last night! Before I even knew I was going to have a need.

Wow, wow, wow. That told me that it does pay off to get in line with and stay in line with God's will. When I did my budget, I paid attention to my emotions, something I always like to do when doing something new. Well, my emotions were so varied, but the one emotion that prevailed was peace. Peace that I and my daughter will be ok. For God to have done what He did for me today - actually yesterday before I even knew I needed anything, is just huge to me. I am amazed at how quickly He acted on my behalf. Wow, God is certainly on the job.

Today I ask you to join me in prayer that we all realize how much God wants to work in our lives. I ask you to join me in prayer praying for all of us that we find ways to let go and let Him. I am working on that and I am realizing the freedom there is in letting go.

Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment