Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It's Hard to Stay Mad at God

You might recall how the umbrella my Whatever got me had gotten stolen from the bus and I only had, I believe, two items left from him to my name. I specifically asked God to protect one of those items, the bracelet that I gave my Whatever on our tenth wedding anniversary. The other item is a watch Whatever gave me on the same anniversary, but funny, the watch means nothing to me, the bracelet, however, was cherished by me because I knew my sentiments when I gave it. The bracelet fell off on New Year's Eve. I see it on my wrist in pictures from my night of revelry, but I woke up and noticed right away that it was gone.

Anyways, I was kind of mad at God. I really haven't asked for much from God for myself specifically besides helping me to not be afraid of anything - you know to trust Him, and to restore my marriage or release me from that covenant that I took so seriously. Those things and to please not let anything happen to that bracelet. Well, darnit - what goes and happens just within two weeks of me asking? The bracelet gets gone. Dang God I said. I was kind of hurt and a little angry about this. Not only does my wrist feel naked - I feel a little off with the near extinction of all in my world that had to do with Whatever.

Well, being the christian that I am, I accepted the fact that God is helping me to let those ties go. I know that we can't take it with us and that it really shouldn't be important to me now, I still can't help but say darn just a little. You know though, with all the good things that God has done for me and all that He is continueing to do, I just can't help but get over my mad and praise Him for His divine knowledge of what He is going to help me let go of. I still trust Him and am going to let go of what He wants me to, even if He has to remove it from my life because he knows I never would. So, I think that I need to go find a new bracelet that means something for my future, not that hangs me onto my past.

Today, join me in praising God that He does know what's best for us. That we know He is with us and that all we have to do is reach out to Him. After all, He is, He was and He always will be, whether or not we feel naked without the things that we were clinging to. He is all we need. We just can't stay mad at God.

Hallelujah!

1 comment:

  1. wow...yes God can answer prayer sometimes in ways that seem strange to us but always work together for our good.

    ReplyDelete