Sunday, January 30, 2011

Addendum to the day

Today's service was so powerfully good and full of the holy spirit that I almost can't describe it, but let me give it my best shot. Today the message was a continuation of the series "Heaven Can Wait" and I GOT IT!!! Today I felt all of the things I have been growing into come to an understanding. I have worked and prayed really hard within myself to let go of everything, fear, worry, what I thought I wanted and give it all to God. I have been doing a pretty good job, but today I really gained an understanding of why.

This life is truly nothing to what awaits us. When my final judgement day comes I am going to be ready. I have found myself - although on this earth, I live to share the good news with all I am and let the light of Jesus shine through me, I have found myself almost not caring. In that not caring, I have gained a trust that all will be well even when things aren't according to what the world thinks I should have or be. I know that as long as I keep doing my best to be the best me I can be, everything else will fall into place.

Today in church the presence of the Holy Spirit poured out. I always remark how I look around and just love the people in my church. What a blessing it is to have this second home for my daughter and I.

In regards to my Celebration of Life Party, I am so excited and feel so strongly that this is more than anything about me, this is all about what He has done in me and for me and promises to do through me. I am praying that at this celebration, people, christian and non christian will be gathered together to share a day of love. In those short five hours, it is my desire that all present will know what they mean to me and will meet and enjoy the company of others. People to me are so special and all present will have a particular reason as to why they are there and I hope each will know how they have touched mine or my daughter's life.

I am grateful, so very grateful to all who are helping me to make this celebration come together. My mother is helping me with decorations, invitations, etc. My friends for helping me to cook. The friend who got me the hall. The friend who is praying that the perfect red and white dress show itself to me. My pastor who is going to say a few words. The person who is helping me with the sound system. God, who is ordaining this celebration and who knows that all the glory will go to Him. I just know that this celebration is from him and He will help everything turn out perfectly according to His will. I just feel something special about this upcoming day and I hope that anybody who reads this will come fill the venue with their presence. There promises to be something for everybody.

God is great. Just join with me in celebrating that fact this evening.

Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment