Sunday, November 7, 2010

Wow

Wow, wow, wow. I am so filled up with the goodness of God I can hardly stand it. This weekend has almost been so much for me that I feel at a loss for words and just feel filled to abundance with the wonders of the Lord.

For one, the woman that I prayed for God to bring to me at Convoy of Hope came to church with her family. When I saw her, I just about melted and praised the Lord at the same time. The hug I gave her was so heartfelt and full of joy that I could hardly contain it. I had to laugh as I went up to close the morning service with the worship team when I started singing before I was supposed to and then just about forgot all the words and tunes to the song. I truly think I was in shock, but the smile and look of the worship leader got me back in line. That alone was priceless. He looked at me like "What's going on Dianne?" I think he was in shock that I was totally out of it as well.

I am still relatively new to dealing with the miracles of the Lord and when I am shown one, it just takes my breath away and really takes me a moment (or moments) to process. Wow.

I remarked to a friend today that there is a whole world out there that I am just learning to enjoy, that is waiting to be tried, that is full of - non sinful things to do. My goodness, I got to do one of those things today. Drum circle. How cool that was. Just a bunch of people sitting in a circle making music out of nothing but rhythm. I loved that freedom and will definitely be back again.

Life is good. Forgive me if I keep going back to wow, but wow. I really don't know what else to do except to praise the Lord and thank him profusely. My personal biggest wow right now is the fact that I have been delivered (14 days as of tomorrow) from smoking. Wow. Something I never thought could really happen for me, but something that God has helped me with and is for real. That's the only thing I think about this besides wow. That this is for real. Lord, I am amazed by you.

I have gotten some of the neatest new friends lately and again, I find myself going back to wow. People can really genuinely be good. Again, after what I have known for so long, I come back to wow. I'm lovin it!

Today I ask you to join me in prayer for the wow factor that God can and does place in our lives when we are ready to receive it. That when He starts laying it on, that we remember to breathe, because all of this wow can really take your breath away. I'm breathing. Wow.

Hallelujah.

2 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!!! on all fronts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Livvy. God is just blowing me away and I am just kind of trying to soak it all in. Been lifting you up in prayer always. Can't wait to get that post of yours that says "He's here!" Another great opportunity to cry and say wow.

    ReplyDelete