Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Magnets

You know how magnets on one side try to push apart but on the other side they rush to stick together? I like to think that life has made me a magnet of late. My gosh, the wonderful - good people in my world keep coming and rising up in my life. I'd like to think that if a bad person came into my world that the magnet in me would push away and just not want to go there.

I mean how amazing is it to be attracting good. God is so wonderful when He molds and changes you. Today I sent an email out to my whole department and I got the neatest response from a woman that I don't know. She thanked me for sending out such nice emails and for doing a good job. How nice it was to receive that - and I told her so, but how nice it is to lift someone up rather than not. I remarked at the kindness in her message to me.

Yes, good does attract good and now that I am learning what good is, it - well, it feels good. I love the group of friends I am gathering in my new world. The kindness that I am being shown is amazing. It's changing me. From the friend who brings them to me and makes me eat my veggies to the friend that is becoming my training partner and silly, fun, nutty buddy, I'm changing. I love that song that says, "Let it be, All for the glory of you". I am becoming physically healthier, mentally healthier and stronger than I ever imagined. All because the magnet effect of the good side being faced towards the good sides around me and a heart that desires the best that God has to offer and that is actively seeking that best. I am grateful.

Today I ask you to join me in prayer that we all find those good sides and ask God to help us start using those sides to project who we are and attract the good that God wants us to attract. That when that good comes to us we realize how wonderful it is to be surrounded by it and that good helps us along our path to being what and who God wants us to be. That we remember to thank God for all He has done for us and all He is.

Hallelujah!

2 comments:

  1. I love that! Good attracts good! So true in many ways! Glad to keep reading of these little victories in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee Livvy. I am kinda nutty, but you know, I am doing the best to reach the good stuff - I think it's working.

    ReplyDelete