Sunday, July 18, 2010

Life Advisors and Tools Around Us

Today I had my second meeting with my Life Advisor. I am a firm believer that God gives us people around us that have gifts that will help us reach a better place in life and that we are to use the tools available to use to get to that better place for his glory. Any of you that know me, know the struggles I face and the struggle I am going through right now. I decided that although I am definitely not in this struggle alone for my God is always with me, I want to be the best me that I can be and to help me get there, I now have two meetings a month with a Life Advisor.

A Life Advisor helps you set goals for yourself and provides ways and means to help you measure your progress towards reaching those goals, or, even in some cases, if those are goals you should be setting for yourself at this time in your life. Somewhat a self-assessment, but way better.

The last time I met with him, I set 9 goals for myself. I was able to meet 6 of those goals and was able to see that for the 3 unmet goals, they really are not meant to be my main focus right now anyways. Guess what though, in seeing my LA - I feel strengthened in my confidence in me. With God's promises made to me and my reaching out to get me through this time, I am truly going to be just fine. Even better for the glory of God.

I had a rough moment yesterday, but praise God, those rough moments are beginning to rub off me much more quickly than they used to. They used to stick on me, now I might feel them, but they do go away and are not allowed to ruin my days. (THANK YOU PATTY - you know...)

Please pray for me as I am preparing to leave behind that which I have known for so long, knowing full good and well that I am headed for a much better place, but still a bit afraid of the unknown, but yes, I know...FEAR IS NOT OF GOD and if God is with me, who can be against me. Besides, God has shown me for quite some time that I am going right where he wants me to be going. I still find it a shame that I have to go there, but who am I to doubt what God has in store right?

Today, I ask you to join me in prayer for all of us who need to reach out and use the tools around us to help us get to that place that we are in an even better mode to serve our Lord for His glory. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment