Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I Can't Believe My God

I sit here writing this with tears of joy and awe. My God came through for me in such a grand way moments ago. Without me even asking Him.

Moving costs have me financially strapped and without trust of any support from my husband for our daughter, I need to feed us. I took the day off to go apply for food stamps and to see my doctor for this darn rash that won't go away (pray for that one with me). Well, I was at Social Services at 7:15 as they open the doors at 7:30 and did the paperwork, etc and was told that they will call me back up for my appointment for another day. I'm thinking - darn, how am I going to take time off from my new job again, but then, while I was waiting I am reading Creflo Dollar's Live Without Fear book. All of a sudden they called my name and said that usually they have to schedule us for another day, but there has been a cancellation - can I come back at three. I almost started crying at the window as my first thought was, "Father, I didn't even think to ask you for your help and look what you have done." Well, I of course took the appointment, even though my doctor's appointment is at 3:10. I went out to my car and called Kaiser and not only is my appointment rescheduled for today at 10:10, but it is with my doctor who has seen me for this rash before, not with another doctor like the 3:10 appointment was. Ok, then I started to cry.

I just can't believe how God is at work for me. I need to remember this in times of difficulty because just knowing that He is for me as much as he has been is unreal. My God is an awesome God and He loves me so much that he knows my needs without me even thinking to ask Him. My tears are those of amazement and thankfulness and praise. Even though there are times that I feel so alone and lost, I am not alone, nor am I lost. I just can't believe my God. Oh how I praise Him.

Today, join with me in prayer thanking God for all the times he comes through, even though we haven't asked Him. May we notice those times and may we learn to ask Him for everything.

Hallelujah! My God is an awesome God.

No comments:

Post a Comment