Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Self Amusement and Lightening the Load

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Sometimes I am such a whack that I can't help but laugh at myself because I am truly hilarious at times - even if I am only cracking myself up. At these times, I so thank God for letting the burden and load of this world disappear into the simple craziness of me. I hope I can get this written without my daughter getting angry at me because I know I am going to laugh out loud a good way through this writing. This past weekend I noticed at my daughter's soccer game that she - although she has a perfect little figure, looked like a little bull all stocky in the legs out on the field - you know, the kind of solid in the thighs that stood out. She looked tough and strong. Last night at my Zumba class I noticed that I wasn't moving as agile or as quickly as I normally do. This morning as I was getting dressed I realized I've gotten thick. Not a fat that I'm talking about. I'm talking dense (yes I'm laughing as I write this) and solid. It feels weird. Then it hit me... I got a Magic Bullet blender and since I have been working out alot and my daughter has been playing for her competitive league and school league, I went and got lots of fruits and this protein mix and we have been so good "drinking" all these fruits in these great protein smoothies that I've been making for us daily for the past 3 week. Hee heee... Well, I ran and looked at the container and discovered that yes it provides all these great vitamins and proteins but it helps build mass. OH MY GOSH!!!! I had us on the way to becoming Mother and daughter Hulk Hogans!! Here goes more of the funny part. I told her what I had done to us and she said "That's why I've become Thunder Thighs!" I couldn't help but laugh til my stomach hurt - all the while listening to her try to be mad at me but seeing her face and her realization that this really was kind of a funny situation and hey, she wasn't suffering alone, I am a solid rock myself. Which all got me to thinking of how great our real solid rock, Jesus Christ is. You know, how great is our God! Just like, although I made it so that we now need to put out a little effort to de-bulk, our bulking up was not something we can't redeem ourselves of. We mess up and God will restore us to Him. How great is it that we can mess up here and there, whether knowingly, or, as MOST definitely in my case, unknowingly we can get back to where we need to be. So, forgive me if I put aside the protein for now, I need to be able to lift my feet off the ground, but none the less, I will never put aside my God. I am so happy that even at the depth of my meltdown the other day, when I reflect back, I not even for a second thought of doing that. Today, please join with me in praising God for the people who step up and are the hands and feet of God and who jump in when they are needed to help those who need a little Jesus now. Join with me in praising God for stomach hurting laughter and for times with others that laugh with us, even when they try not to. Join with me praising God that nothing is ever really without hope or beyond repair. God is so great. As for my "thick" situation. I spent all my breaks today going for lengthy walks, got off the bus WAY before I had to to walk home. Hmmm, took me three weeks to get thick, hopefully I can get rid of it in the same amount of time. I'm at least going to try and I am certain that the calories I expend laughing at myself will help along the way. Hallelujah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment