Thursday, February 10, 2011

Peace In A Storm

Today has not been my best day. Although far from one of my worst, definitely not one of my best. Today was my 15th wedding anniversary and no a miracle of him calling me and wishing me even a hello and I wish things had been different came through. You know what though, I don't even think I want that anymore. However, I have been feeling a bit of pressure and strain lately and whereas the old Dianne was a runner and would leave many situations on a whim, the new me is forcing myself to stay put, not go by how I feel and hang in there. Hmmm, I did, however, come across a christian commune in Canada that sounds interesting. Hee hee, don't worry, I'm not going anywhere, but they do take visitors for up to 6 months at a time and the union sheet talking about unpaid leaves of absence came across my desk today. Coincidence?

Anyways, today my son, who has chosen to not live the life that I so wanted for him and tried to show him how to live was taken away to jail after a very interesting late afternoon I spent with some police officers yesterday. To find out the things I have had to find out about him are disconcerting at the minimal. However, as the hurt of his choice and the thought of what that choice will cost my family was beginning to come over me, something greater came over me. I began to praise God. Hey, aren't we supposed to do that in the storms? Well, I did. You know, God is so darn great and He is good. I just know that something good will come of this.

I have this new motto inside of me. It goes something like, I will not walk by how I feel. I will walk by faith. Even though I don't walk by how I feel, I do at times, not feel the best but at those times, I am really learning to give things over to God. How can I not when I have walked through some really rough times and come out as I have, though not unscathed, still a person that can love others as much as I do. I am truly blessed. I have a friend that tells me frequently how one of the things they love about me is that I have been through those times and I am still a nice and good person. It's not me, it's Christ in me. God is greater than any trials we face and as long as we don't give up on Him, there is nothing that can bring us down.

So today, I ask you to join me in prayer - again for the marriages in our lives, but specifically for my son as well. That God will place a man in his life that can bring my son to his knees. I told an officer yesterday that my son's father really wasn't a good man, but there is a father that my son could turn to that could truly make a difference in His life. I know, because he's made a difference in mine. There is always hope in the Lord.

Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment